Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Now We're Talkin'

So this is my first real post as a Vanguard: Saga of Heroes player. Kind of mixed feelings writing here again.

I want to start off by saying that I will *always* look back fondly on the days I spent with both CK1, and CK2 in our prime when we were the close knit team that dominated content when nobody believed we could. I am proud of what both my FFXI teams have become and where they are headed in Final Fantasy today. Many of the players who were a part of those teams have grown so much both in gaming talent and in character as a result of the time they spent with CK. That's enough to make any leader proud.

--------------------------------------

When I first started playing Vanguard, I had only a small handful of FF friends come with me. I had hoped there'd be more interest, however it was clear that people still felt attached to the FF world. After creating the guild Validus on the thunderaxe server, I started to lay the groundwork for the next big raiding guild. As I leveled up with the members we had, it became painfully obvious that Vanguard was an incomplete game. Players were leaving the game left and right as a result of broken/unfinished content and lack of funding to fix the game up. Recruiting for Validus became impossible, and even finding a group at the time was pure luck.


Around the end of March, I was bored one day and began browsing VGPlayers to see if I knew anyone from FF who was playing VG that I wasn't aware of. After finding nobody I recognized from FFXI, I decided to search some of the old EQ guilds I used to know, thinking chances were most of them were playing EQ2 or out in the real world having quit MMO altogether. To my astonishment, I found several guild names that I recognized from Veeshan.

One stood out to me more than the others...


Excited that some people may still play, I visited their website, www.pdguild.org, and was shocked to see so many familiar names still playing MMO in Vanguard. I knew instantly that I wanted to play with these guys. Pravus Dei was a guild on Veeshan server, probably in the top 4 on the server (amongst some seriously elite groups) and had so many quality players I couldn't possibly name them all. That same day I posted a hello, to see if anyone there remembered me. Several players replied and I knew then that I would start my character over from scratch to make this team...

...and so I have. I'm currently level 37. At level 30 I was tagged Pravus Dei, and 5 days later I was promoted from trial to member, and then again to Group Lead, which is a rank below officer. I'm so proud to hold any kind of rank in a guild of this calibur, and have promised to dedicate myself to making this team stronger. Ebumar, an old Everquest friend, recently took over leadership of the VG version of PD since Trias and Rellix no longer play. The guild is hyped for some raid content to be added and I've been doing everything I can (as a lowbie in the guild still) to help the team prepare for the real content to be added. I have no doubts that this team will dominate Vanguard and become one of the top- if not THE top- guild in the game.

I'm finally feeling that excitement for the content that I had been lacking in FFXI for a long time. I'm psyched about where VG is headed and I am looking forward to playing a ranger for Pravus Dei for years to come.


No comments: