Saturday, May 19, 2007

Enjoyable Content? Wtf?!

So during my time off I began pushing hard for adventuring levels. Having hit 38 prior to the vacation starting, I moved from Jathred's Twist over to the Xenn coast area of Dragon's Backbone. I hit 40 doing this series of quests. Here are some action shots from the Mekalia pauldrons questline there:

Just call me the exterminator.These are the mob types of the area. Its pretty cool how they have an aquatic city going on under the waters just off the shoreline. Lots of diving involved in this particular questline. That was annoying but it was nice to see the more creative sides of VG development.

Ebumar and I prepping for the next stage of the Mekalian pauldrons quest. He may have the size advantage but don't be fooled--I can take him.

One of the action scenes in the Mekalian line. These beacons of light, upon activation, can be seen from the distance so everyone knew I was doing this quest. Some of the more involved quests are far more interesting than your typical "grindfest" quest. Props to the devs, this one was pretty cool.

Having completed a long series of quests I finally obtained my heroic Mekalian Researcher's Pauldrons. Special thanks goes out to the lovely Paladin-ess, Kayleem, for helping Ebu and I find the beacons for the final quest deep within the fortresses of the Xenn. This is the scene when I finished. The graphical beauty of this game still amazes me despite some glaring content/gameplay issues that still need to be addressed.

PD is getting a ton of apps lately too, which gives us the chance to handpick us some of the best talent/personalities out there. Apparently people are recognizing that we are the best on Targ and it seems everyone wants to try to break into our ranks while recruitment is still open. Just want to wish all our talented apps the best of luck through the process. Hope to see some of you guys make the cut so you can enjoy raiding content with us whenever SoE gets it into the game.

Ranka Out.

No comments: