Monday, July 30, 2007

I'm Not Livin', I'm Just Killin' Time.

So we've made it to the end of July without seeing either the promised server merges or highly regarded Update #2. To help counter impending boredom, I've created an alt- a dwarf warrior named Stubbz McGee - along with an alt guild to house him and other PD alts called "Waiting for Content". I've had some fun with some of the players around targonor while playing as Stubbz and he's received some pretty funny comments from people who can appreciate where the name comes from. Here are a few shots of lil Stubbzy in action:This is one of those scenes that really shows off the beauty of Vanguard. In this shot, I think I'm playing on HQ settings, which is still only the second best graphical setting you can play on. Donedor is Zakoriz' gimp monk for those who were wondering.
The Dwarf racial ability turns me into stone, adding a damage rune and negating stun and knockbacks. Even my mount gets in on the action if I'm riding him. Its a glimpse into the life of the rock dude from Fantastic Four I suppose.

I started skinning on Ana in an attempt to pick up a supple hide to complete some more gorg faction armor. Everyone loves a good MMO dragon so enjoy these shots of Ana and Dante hunting in Pankor Zhi.

Another of the Iceborn dragon getting duo'd. Kinda lame how easy this content is for a ranger, but its still pretty cool nonetheless.



Finally, the contested Hegnarian spawn has been monopolized by necro fear. This has become a glaring issue in the game's development serverwide and really reflects upon the fact that the game was rushed to market. Any developer who even touched EQ1 would know how retarded making group/raid content fearable is and it has become obvious these guys were not EQ1 veteran developers. Many players are crying about this new necro "exploit", however, to any veteran player, it is apparent that this weakness is perfectly legal and is simply a flaw in game design. Hopefully it will be addressed in the next update.



I don't usually do this, but I'm going to take the time here to give a little shout out to Dagada of Despair, who valliantly attempted to fear Heg (after our rightful ownership was established) and pull him to the upper tier in order for his guild to reset ownership and steal the kill. Not only is this a ridiculously easy spawn with drops that are far from being worth the reputation hit from such action, but he was unsuccessful in his attempt despite our only healer going LD. I managed to kite Heg and kill him pretty much myself while the rest of our group hung back and waited for our healer to return. Once again Despair shows their true colors and fails at being the "bad boy" guild it seems to want to be. Fucking Amateurs.



The result was a server first drop of Heg's plate BP. Socratic is pimped out and didn't want another bag ornament, so congrats to my ranger on a BP that will surely rot in my bank for years to come.


And devs-- get this shit fixed asap eh?

No comments: